Monday, June 20, 2011

Pau season

What I had been busy with this few days? From my blog title, you can know that I had tried out how to do pau !!!! I glad that I was sucess :)

My first try is the " man tou". 


Thanks to the recipe which I got from Jane's Corner !!!! :)

Ingredients :
  • 350g flour ( I use HongKong flour because the pau will look whiter )
  • 180g water
  • 3.5g yeast ( I use around 1tbsp)
  • 25g sugar
  • 10g shortening
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients together except the cocoa powder to form a smooth dough.
  2. Divide the dough into 2 portion. ( One weight 330g and another one 220g).
  3. Set aside the plain dough to prove.
  4. Add cocoa powder to the 220g portion. Continue the kneading till it smooth. Rest for 5 minutes.
  5. Roll out the plain dough into rectangle shape about 30cm x 20cm and set aside.
  6. Roll out the cocoa dough into rectangle shape but slightly smaller than plain dough.
  7. Brush some plain water on the surface of the plain dough and top with the cocoa dough. Make sure them stick well.
  8. Roll the dough like a swiss roll and cut into 8 pieces.
  9. Let the dough to prove for 30-45 minutes.
  10. Steam the dough over medium hear for 15 minutes.

You also can do hotdog pau using the same ingredients .



Good luck to everyone who gonna try it soon ! =)

No comments: